Wednesday 26 March 2014

Just a Drop in the Ocean

“Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it.”
“Well, why don’t you ask Him?”
“Because I’m afraid He would ask me the same question.”

A few weeks ago I was talking to a friend, and she was so frustrated because she sees the world suffering, she sees people in agony and poverty, she wants to help those people...but she has no idea where to start.



It can be completely overwhelming to see what's going on in the world, and it's infuriating to know that no one human being can fix it all. Sometimes it feels like whatever we can do is just a drop in the ocean.

But I've got news for you: one drop of water can become part of a tidal wave, if it's in the right place.

It might be tempting to think 'I can't do much, so I'll just leave it to the experts', but it's that kind of poisonous thinking that has led to so much suffering already. 

If it were your family living on the streets, your friends being sold into slavery, even you yourself, would your attitude be the same?

That's why Stella's Voice is so important to me. They've seen the desperation in a teenage girl's eyes as she waits outside her old orphanage, with nowhere to go, no food, no home, and no hope. And they've decided to do something about it.

So if you've ever felt at a loss, desperate to make a change for the good, but with no idea how, I have a really simple solution:

Get involved with Stella's Voice. 

Give money, or if you don't have money, promote them, retweet, share posts, tell your friends, tell your schools, tell co-workers, hold fundraisers, pray, tell everyone you can about what's happening in Moldova.

Because they're making things happen.


2 comments:

  1. Stella's Voice is a wonderful ministry. It is a true blessing to these children and to me.

    ReplyDelete